Community Field Assistant - Madagascar
Nosy Be, Madagascar, Western Cape
- Company Description:
- GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
- Contract Type:
- Experience Required:
- 1 year
- Education Level:
- Grade 12
- Number of vacancies:
Working location: Nosy Be, Madagascar
Start date: March 2023 (or ASAP)
Our planet is in crisis and inequality affects people around the globe. At GVI, our teams are choosing to take action. We bring a range of specialised skills together for a common goal: supporting a more sustainable future.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
Working at GVI is fast-paced and fun. We value passion, authenticity and innovation, and we treat each other with respect. But we can do better than words to show you who we are! To see what it's really like to work for GVI, click here.
About the Role
As part of the team in Nosy Be, you will assist in the running and operation of various aspects of the community programme such as: helping with volunteer coordination & supervision, general planning, logistics, and maintaining high standards of health and safety. GVI Nosy Be is one of GVI’s newest hub’s so you will also get the opportunity to be involved in the active development of its projects, programs, and various long-term goals.
What you will do
- The main responsibility is assisting in organizing and leading activities for volunteers in the field. These will mainly include community development, teaching, and healthcare.
- Supporting in the running and development of projects.
- Act as an enthusiastic role model for volunteers and provide guidance and mentorship.
- Adopt a flexible work approach that will include working evenings and weekends.
- Assisting to ensure that the programs continue to operate to a high standard for both volunteers and project partners
- Assisting with administrative work if needed, including reporting and scheduling.
If you are ambitious, and purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us powerful and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
- You are passionate about engaging with local communities, quality education for all, and tackling social and environmental issues, from health education to human rights.
- A self-starter who rolls up their sleeves to get things done, and enjoys tackling a wide variety of tasks. You are flexible and enjoy challenges.
Required professional skills and experience:
- Experience of volunteering, preferably in community work
- Experience travelling/living in a foreign country
- Ability to live in a communal setting
- Teaching experience
- Comfortable holding presentations as well as leading discussions in the field of community and culture for larger groups
- Background in development work
- Must be physically able to lead volunteers on various activities
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Understanding of the French language (1 of the official languages of Madagascar)
- TEFL Experience
- Experience in developing curriculums for different language levels and end goals.
Here’s what our global team enjoys:
- Social fund
- Training fund
- Collaborative, flexible culture
- Transparency – hear directly from the CEO consistently
- We laugh a lot, genuinely care about and support each other, and do the occasional dress-up
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
- Phone allowance
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
Please follow the link and send your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be best suited to this position at GVI.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.
The position you are looking for is no longer available. It is possible that this job has expired or has been removed. Please take a look at our <a href="/job-offers" class="alert-link">open positions</a>.
Similar Jobs to Community Field Assistant - Madagascar
Assessor/Moderator - Instructor
Cape Town, Western Cape
Global Learning Services
Training Company providing Legal compliance courses seeks Assessor/Moderator for the Cape Town branch. Must be multi-skilled in the following training course: Safety courses, Lifting equipment, Earthmoving equipment, First Aid, Fire...
English Teacher any degree holder can apply.
Salario 20.000,00 ZAR
Durban, KwaZulu Natal
On Consulting (Pty) Ltd
Travel, Explore and Teach English in Thailand. What are the roles of an English language teacher in Thailand? To Teach Basic English skills including reading, writing, and speaking. Compose lesson...